Early Childhood Program Information
Early Childhood Education
Rockwall ISD offers the following Early Childhood programs:
- Qualify Pre-K (4 years old by Sept. 1)
- Tuition Pre-K (4 years old by Spet. 1)
- Head Start (3-4 years old by Sept. 1)
- Early Head Start (Birth to 3 year olds)
- PPCD (Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities)
Qualifying Pre-K Program Information
To qualify for this free full day program students must meet one of the following criteria:
- Income eligible (based on Free and Reduced Lunch Program)
- Limited English Proficient
- Child of an active member of the U.S. armed forces or who was injured/killed during active duty
- Foster Care
Full-day classes are from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. RISD transportation is provided.
Located at: Rochell, Stevenson, Hays, Cullins-Lake Pointe, Jones (Bilingual only), Dobbs (Bilingual Only), Springer (Bilingual Only), and Lyon Elementary
Tuition Pre-K Program Information for 2017-2018
Half-day classes are provided: 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. RISD transportation is not provided.
$100 non-refundable registration fee (deducted from September payment) $2,644 per year or
$294 monthly payments (September through May)
No transportation provided
Located at: Hartman and Lyon Elementary
Head Start Program
Full day program 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.. Transportation is provided.
Three and four year old students may qualify for this free federal program.
Located at Dobbs Elementary
Early Head Start Program
Birth to age 3. Transportation provided for teen moms.
Full day program 7:30-4:00 avaliable as well as home based programs.
Located by Utley Middle School