Early Head Start Requirements
The goal is to offer an exemplary educational program for qualifying families with infants and toddlers (birth-3 years), and to pregnant women living in Rockwall, Texas.
Early Head Start is a collaborative partnership between Region 10 Education Service Center and the Rockwall Independent School District serving individuals within the Rockwall ISD boundaries.
Purpose of Program
- Enhance children’s physical, social, emotional and cognitive development
- Enable parents to be better caretakers and teachers to their children
- Help parents meet their goals, including that of economic independence
Services Provided by Early Head Start
- Quality early education through the center or home-based program
- Parenting skills training for families with newborns and other infants
- Parent education, including parent-child activities
- Comprehensive health services including services to women before, during and after pregnancy; assistance with well-baby and well-child checkups
- Ongoing support for parents, referral to agencies in the community to meet specific needs and peer support groups
For registration and information, contact:
Early Head Start Center
1197 T.L. Townsend Drive