As a public school system, Rockwall schools welcome all students who live within the boundaries of the Rockwall Independent School District and meet state age and health requirements.
New Student Enrollment
Please visit our online student enrollment form.
Any child who is five years of age on or before September 1 may enter kindergarten. A child must be six years old on or before September 1 to enter the first grade.
For the protection of children, state law and district policy require parents to provide proof that each student enrolled in school has been immunized for Polio, DPT/DT, Rubella, Rubeola, Mumps, and HIB, Hepatitis B and Varicella.
School Attendance Areas
Designated school attendance zones enable the District to make the best use of faculty, staff, and facilities. Students attend their neighborhood elementary school and designated middle school.
Drop Off and Dismissal
Below you will find safety procedures in place at Jones. Please read these procedures with your child.
- There is no supervision for students before 7:20 a.m. or after 3:30 p.m., unless the child is enrolled in our ROCK after school program.
- Students may enter through the gym door in the morning between 7:20-7:30 a.m.
- After 7:30 a.m., please use the front doors.
- All perimeter doors will remain locked at all times.
- Student drop-off will be at the front of the school. Student pick-up will take place in the front circle drive only.
- The entrance and exit from Fieldcrest Drive is for school buses, daycare vans, and teacher parking only. All other students must be dropped off at the front entrance.
- The parking area in front of the school is NOT considered a car pool drop-off and creates a safety hazard as well as blocking the flow of traffic. Please do not use any parking lot as a drop-off or pick-up point for your child.
- When arriving, please pull forward AS FAR AS POSSIBLE and wait until you are beside a safety patrol student or staff member before letting your child out of your car.
- After-school carpool-Please form a single file line in the front circle drive, south along Trail Glen to Wagonwheel to Gateway Drive and then down Daybreak Drive . This will keep traffic on Trail Glen from backing up and becoming a hazard blocking HWY 276.
- Rockwall Police Department may ticket any car left unattended in the circle drive since this is a fire lane.
- Please remember to always be prepared to present your drivers license/ID to the front desk so that you may receive a visitor badge when you are in our building. This helps us to ensure the safety of our students. We are regularly audited for safety procedures and want to make sure we are in compliance with RISD safety standards.