Guy's Golf Team Wins 2nd Place at District
The guy Jacket Golf Team competed in the 11-6A district golf tournament at Mesquite Golf Course.
We secured 2nd place and will continue our season on April 25-26 in Waco at the Region 2-6A Golf Tournament.
- Matthew Watkins led the Jackets as he shot 73-75 and is the individual District Champion for this year.
- Will Horn also earned all-district honors
- Zack Amacher and Griffin Hass earned 2nd team all-district honors.
The Lady Jacket Golf team finished up Regionals in 6th place.
- Sydney Garber finished in a tie for the 4th place medalist which is the alternate to go to the state tournament. She shot 78-77 and then defeated Storym Randazzo from Rowlett in the playoff to be the alternate for the state tournament in Austin on May 15-16.
These girls worked real hard this year and won District for the 5th year in a row. All 3 senior girls will continue their golf careers in college next year.
Girl's Golf Team Wins District
The Lady Jackets are District Champions. Sydney Garber led the Lady Jackets as she won the individual district championship. She shot 74 yesterday in the tough windy conditions, today was a perfect day for golf and she shot a 65 to win by 3 shots after going into the day trailing by 3. It was a great effort by the ladies and this makes our 5th consecutive District Championship. Shelby Allen also advanced as the 2nd individual regional qualifier by shooting 88-79.
All-District Performers were:
- Sydney Garber
- Katie Reeves
- Hollie James
- Mackenzie Doss
- Alexis Morris
- Shelby Allen
2nd team all-district:
- Lauren Freeman
- Mallory Kelly
- Haley Womack
- Gabby Ramirez
The Lady Jackets will play next at Waco in the Regional Tournament on April 25-26.
Boy's Golf Team Wins District
The Men's Golf Team wins the district championship for the 6th consecutive year. The Jackets shot 299 on day 1 and followed that up with a 309 yesterday in 20-30 mph north winds. Pretty good score considering the conditions, the second place team was the Heath Hawks with a score of 310-311.
Matthew Watkins 145—second place overall, 1st team all-district, and outstanding freshman.
Jake Clem—1st team all-district and outstanding sophomore.
1st Team All-District Players
Steven Clements—tied for 4th, won a playoff on the first hole to advance as an individual medalist in the regional tournament.
2nd Team All District Players
The boys will compete in the regional tournament in Waco on April 24-25.
Pine Tree Invitational in Longview, TX:
- The Lady Jackets Varsity Golf Teams finished 1st.
- Sydney Garber won the 1st place individual with a score of 77 the first day, and 68 the second day.
You can also follow the golf team on twitter @rockwallhsgolf
The Lake Highlands Invitational at Dallas Athletic Club :
- The Varsity Jacket Golf team finished in 1st Place
- The Girls Varsity Golf team finished in 2nd Place
Matthew Watkins finished 1st overall with a score of 73.
Will Horn finished 2nd with a score of 75.
The Marvin Dameron Invitational at Cottonwood Creek:
The Lady Jackets Varsity Golf Team finished 4th in a highly competitive field at the Marvin Dameron Invitational at Cottonwood Creek.
Sydney Garber tied for 6th place individually as she shot 75 the first day and 76 the second day. JFND
District Preview Sulphur Springs Country Club:
The Jacket Varsity Boys and Girls golf team had an outstanding weekend competing at Sulphur Springs CC.
- The Varsity Boys finish in 1st Place
- The Varsity Girls finish in 1st Place
Mathew Watkins finished 1st with both rounds under par.
Sydney Garber finished 1st winning the girls division.
Another notable accomplishment was Katie Reeves finished her second round 2 under par.
Great job Jackets!!!
Both teams (The Jackets & The Lady Jackets) have already kicked off their 2017 spring seasons.
- The Jackets played Jan. 16-17 at TPC Las Colinas. They have won 1 of their 4 tournaments.
- Lady Jackets played at Bridlewood Country Club on Jan. 31. The Lady Jackets have won 2 of the 4 tournaments
Both teams play Feb. 17-18 at Sulphur Springs in the District 11-6A Preview. Both teams have 3 more tournament prior to the district tournament on April 4-5-6 at Sulphur Springs Country Club.
US Government Teacher RHS
RHS Head Boys/Girls Golf Coach
Class of 2017 Sponsor
President of NTHSGCA
WINS 1st and 3rd PLACE!!!
The Jackets competed Monday (4/4/16) and Tuesday (4/5/16) in the district tournament and came away with 1st place and 3rd place in both the boys and the girls divisions. This makes the 5th year in a row for the boys, and the 4th year for the girls.
- Adam House set a new school record by shooting 64-67=131 2 day total.
- Daniel Gibbs shot 70-71=141 and finished 2nd.
- Steven Clements finished in 5th place,
- Jake Clem finished 6th (and qualified for regionals as a medalist),
- Joe Romero 7th,
- Noah Bradshaw 8th
- Zach Amacher tied for 10th.
- Sydney Garber shot 76-72=148 and finished 2nd,
- Katie Reeves shot 76-79=155 and finished 3rd.
- Alexis Morris finished in 8th place
- Emma Beaty and Mackenzie Doss tied for 10th.
The Lady Jackets will compete next Monday and Tuesday in Waco at the Regional Tournament, the boys will compete on Wednesday and Thursday.
Thanks for the support!!! JFND!!!!
US Government Teacher
RHS Head Golf Coach
RHS Football Assistant Coach
Class of 2017 Sponsor
“The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare.”
The our team hosted the Ben Parks Memorial this weekend. The boys shot 298-302 to win first place. Daniel Gibbs shot 72-70 to win 2nd place medalist, and Adam House shot 71-73 to tie for 3rd place medalist. Also playing were Joe Romero, Noah Bradshaw, Steven Clements, Trey Watkins, and Charlie Warren. Congrats to the Jackets! This is the first time Rockwall or Heath has won the Ben Parks Tournament which we have hosted for the last 10 years.
Your Men Jacket Golf Team finished first place in the Melissa Invitation at Hurricane Creek CC. Adam House and Daniel Gibbs both shot a 73 one over par. Adam won first place in a scorecard playoff. Joe Romero shot a 76, Steven Clements shot a 77 and Trey Watkins and Noah Bradshaw both shot a 78. Adam House was also named Jacket Backer Athlete of the Month.
Your Rockwall Jacket Men’s Golf team competed in “The Classic” at Texarkana Country Club Friday and Saturday. Adam House finished second with a 72-73 one stroke over par. The Team finished 10th in a very competitive field with some of the best teams from the State of Texas. Daniel Gibbs score was 73-82, Noah Bradshaw score was 82-81, Joe Romero score was 82-84, and Trey Watkins score was 85-87.
The Rockwall Jacket Ladie’s Golf team is starting the year with two 1st place finishes out of four tournaments.
Wednesday 9/23 the Lady Jackets won 1st place at Waterview Country Club. Shelby Allen shot a 91, Gabby Ramirez, shot a 102, Victoria Reynolds shot a 111, Kaylee Bushman shot a 114, and Eryn Arnold shot a 118.
Monday, 9/28 the Jacket Girls won at Oakmont Country Club. Sydney Garber shot a 77, Katie Reeves shot a 86, McKenzie Doss shot a 87, Emma Beaty shot a 92, Alexis Morris shot a 101.