Springer loves our parent volunteers! There are many ways for parents to get involved and volunteer. From helping classroom teachers with copies and crafts, to organizing class parties chaperoning on field trips, Springer Elementary appreciates all of our parent volunteers. Here are a few areas where you can help.
- Copy Room – as we increase our technology use in the classrooms, our need for paper copies lessens, however, there are still things that need to be copied. We are looking for volunteers to help us a few hours a day. Please contact Mrs. Tuttle.
- Library – we need help re-shelving books that have been checked out by our students and teachers. If you are willing to help for an hour or so a day, please contact Rachael Taylor.
- Watch D.O.G.S. – my goal would be to have one per day. These dads play a vital role in security, they are a role-model for our students, they are an asset to our teachers, and most of all your son/daughter/grandson/granddaughter/niece/nephew/friend will never forget the memories you create by being here. Please contact Rachael Taylor.
- Cafeteria Helpers – if you have some time to spare between 11:00 – 1:30, we could use your help in the cafeteria. From opening Ketchup packets, to monitoring for the safety of students, your help in the cafeteria is greatly needed. Please contact Mrs. Tuttle.
- If you have other skills, talents, passions that you would like to put to use, we welcome parent involvement and want to encourage you to be here and be a part of what is going on!
Remember: For the safety of our students, our parent volunteers must first fill out a background check which is available in our front office. If you have not had a background check done here at Springer, you will need to see Mrs. Tuttle before you can volunteer. The process is fairly quick and privacy is assured. Please call 972-772-7160 or stop by for more information.