WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) is an innovative father involvement, educational initiative of the National Center for Fathering. Learn more about the national Watch D.O.G.S. program:
There are 2 primary goals of the Watch D.O.G.S. program:
1) To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
2) To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
Watch D.O.G.S. are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer for at least one day each year at an official WATCH D.O.G.S. school. During the day, Watch D.O.G.S. may read and work on flash cards with students, play at recess, eat lunch with students, patrol the school entrances and hallways, assist with traffic flow and any other assigned activities where they actively engage with not only their own students, but other students as well.
Please use the link below to sign up for Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students).
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our signup page: http://signup.com/go/EGoiYUa
2. Enter your email address*: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
3. Sign up! Click on a date to sign up to volunteer as Watch DOG that day. SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders.
*Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. It is strictly used for a reminder email to you.
All volunteers must complete a background check and be approved prior to volunteering with students. Please fill out and submit Volunteer Background Check to the office.