In the News
Congratulations to Nolan Yeager, Matthew Wilcox, Cole Hill and Jordan Owens for qualifying in the State Fishing Championship this past weekend at Sam Rayburn Reservoir. All of the kids caught fish and represented Rockwall well. Nolan Yeager had a great weekend of fishing. Nolan caught a 2-day total of 30.77 lbs, finishing 18th out of 221 teams. With his top finish he was awarded a $1000 scholarship.
POWDER PUFF REGISTRATION
The annual Powder Puff games will be played on May 21 and May 22.
- Sophomores vs Freshman at 5:30, Monday, May 21.
- Seniors vs Juniors at 5:30, Tuesday, May 22.
- Spring football games will follow at 7:00 p.m.
All games will be played at Wilkerson Sanders Stadium.
Packets are available outside Mrs. Morris’ Room (1403). Sign up dates are April 18, 19, 20. Cost is $30 per player, $15 per coach. Parent signature and Assistant Principal’s signature are required before signing up.
AWARDS for Cast & Crew of OKLAHOMA!
We received (5) nominations by the Dallas Summer Musicals High School Musical Theatre Awards!
Best Actor - Adam Brown
Best Supporting Actor- Colby Sears
Best Student Orchestra
Best Musical Direction
UIL Academic Teams Qualify for Regionals
Coach: Mr. Lucas Beville
- Number Sense: 2nd place Team ( Joseph Yeh 2nd place)
- Mathematics: 2nd place Team (Joseph Yeh 2nd place)
Coach: Mrs. Margie Scott
- Accounting: 2nd place Team (Sydney Peveler 1st place)
- Informative Speaking: (Tara Phipps 3rd place & Ben Leal 5th place)
Board Approves 2018-2019 District Calendar
The Board of Trustees approved the 2018-2019 school calendar at their monthly meeting on January 16. The Board and administration appreciate the input received from staff, parents and community members to develop the calendar.
Ac Dec Team qualifies for State
The RHS Academic Decathlon team competed in the Region X Tournament this weekend. We earned a 3rd place finish out of the 18-team region. We also scored high enough to qualify for the state tournament in February.
Robotics Team Officers go to Washington
Student officers of the RHS robotics team, the Full Metal Jackets, recently flew to Washington, DC to attend the 2017 FIRST National Advocacy Conference (NAC). Only 40 teams from around the World attended the conference and these four students were the only ones from Texas.
BLIND DATE with a BOOK
The RHS Library is doing a special activity for Valentine's Day called Blind Date with a Book.
On the display in the library, books are completely covered and have a description blurb on them.
Anyone who wants to participate must do the following:
- Read the descriptions, then check out the book that sounds best.
- Commit to reading at least 3 chapters before turning it back in.
- Complete the Rate Your Date form and turn it into the library by February 10. (forms are on the display)
- All who turn in a form will receive a gift February 14th.
TEXAS THESPIAN FESTIVAL
Rockwall students received Superior & Excellent overall ratings for their performances in monologue and duet scene categories, at the Texas Thespian Festival this past week!
TOP ROW: Betty Tristan, Colby Sears, Grace Stone, Carson Davis, Morgan Leath, Drew Smith, Leo Rodriguez
SEATED ROW: Omar Hazaimeh, Noah Goodwin, Dakota Fletcher
*Carson Davis * NATIONAL QUALIFIER!
Fishing Team - Great Results
The Rockwall Fishing Team has grown this year to 16 anglers in 9 boats.
179 boats fished at the Cedar Creek tournament.
Everett Weir and Chance Thompson came in 19th!!!
Orchestra All-Region Results
RHS orchestra students just participated in the TMEA Region 25 All-Region Orchestra Auditions. We are very pleased to announce that we earned eight chairs at the auditions, and have three students advancing into the Pre-Area round of TMEA All-State Auditions. Advancing students are: Kevin Kim, Eden Kim, Andre Daniel. JFND
Jazz Band Students make All-Region
Please congratulate the following students on becoming a member of the 2017 Region 25 All-Region Jazz Band.
- Aren Moore-1st Chair Alto Saxophone
- Tatum Fisher-2nd Chair Alto Saxophone
- Caden Cox-2nd Chair Tenor Saxophone
- Austin Stanberry-2nd Chair Bass Trombone
- Nick Messick-1st Chair Jazz Piano
- James Matthews-1st Chair Drumset
These students will now move to Area auditions next week for a shot at placement in the All-State Jazz Band. This is a great accomplishment for these young musicians. -JFND