Soccer – Men
RHS vs John Tyler (2-23-18).
Our boys bounced back from the previous evening’s loss with a ferocious attack and two first half goals from Alex Johnson. Brett Rose scored our third goal in the second half. Tyler threw everything they had at us and we held on to get the 3-2 win.
RHS vs North Mesquite (2-22-18).
It was a tough game with a very slick surface. North began the scoring with a PK, which really gave them a boost. They scored two more and we were only able to answer back once and finished the game down 1-3.
RHS vs Mesquite (2-16-18).
- The JV Jackets went down a goal in the first half, but in a flurry of about 5minutes scored two quick goals mid way through the second half to take the lead and win the game.
- The varsity team fought a very physical and emotionally intense battle against the first place Skeeters. After about 60 minutes of a goalless tug of war, with little intervention by the officials, Brett Rose scored from a Harper Roland throw in to go ahead. Intense defense and superb goalkeeping by Jake Ledbetter helped to keep the clean sheet. We moved up to within one point of first place. We remain tied with Longview for second place.
RHS vs Tyler Lee (2-13-18).
- The JV Jackets scored a goal and held on to get the win in very wet conditions. This takes their district record to 2-2-1.
- The Varsity had multiple opportunities to score, but just couldn’t find the net. After 80 minutes of regulation, the game was tied 0-0 and we lost 5-4 in the subsequent pk Shoot Out.
Just for everyone’s information each district determines the point system used to determine seeding for play offs.
Our district uses the following system.
Win = 3 points
Loss = 0 points
Tie (PK win = 2 points)
Tie (PK loss = 1 point)
We are currently tied for 2nd place with Longview.
We host 1st place Mesquite on Friday.
RHS vs Heath Hawks:
- JV Started off strong with goals from Alix Keatts and Chase Compton. They win 2-1.
- Varsity wins 2-1. They were locked in a tug of war with the Hawks until Aedan Hein scored on his own assist. Heath tied the game up mid way through the second half off with a free kick just outside our penalty box. Substitute Jonathan Vick scored the winning goal off of a Harper Roland assist.
The Jackets are 2-0 in district
RHS vs Tyler Lee:
- JV lost 0-2
- Varsity wins 3-2. They began the defense of their district title and their home unbeaten streak against a scrappy Tyler squad. Tyler notched the first goal, but the jackets quickly answered and both teams finished out the first half with a brace. Darlington Esene and Daniel Lyon were the first half scorers. Late in the second half after a period of furious play, Ryan Figert converted a PK.
RHS vs Mesquite-Poteet (Double-header):
- JV scored a brace (Micah Gonzalez and Nathan Moore) and never looked back.
- Varsity had a 3-0 win! We had a great team effort from the varsity team in the second game. Darlington Esene, Harper Roland and Landry Poppen scored. Jake Ledbetter and Brenden Murray kept the clean sheet.
RHS vs Lake Highland's Wildcats:
- JV won 1-0. JV forward Mateo Canales scored the Jackets winning goal.
- Varsity went down a goal in the first half against a very speedy and scrappy Wildcat team. We were never able to convert the few chances we had to score, and dropped the game 0-1.
Yellow Jacket soccer wrapped up a very busy three days today.
- Varsity finished up the Jack Rabbit Tournament with a 2-1 victory over Forney. Goals were from Darlington Esene and Daniel Lyon. The boys finished the Tournament with 3 wins, 1 loss and 1 tie. Great effort and contributions from the entire roster.
- Our JV Jackets competed in the 287 VARSITY Tournament in Waxahachie this weekend, and came away with a win and two losses against very tough varsity competition, Ft Worth Poly, Waco University and Midlothian.
The boys have opened the 2018 soccer season with a 1-1 tie against JJ Pearce in the Forney Jack Rabbit Tournament.
- Ryan Figert converted a PK to go ahead 1-0. With seconds left in the game Pearce tied the game.
- In our second game we beat Lakeview 3-0. Johnathan Vick, Harper Roland and Luke Denny scored for the Jackets.
6A Bi-DISTRICT CHAMPS!
RHS vs Conroe:
- Varsity wins! 2-1
6A DISTRICT CHAMPS!
The Boys 6A Champions will be playing their bi-district game on Thursday 3/23/17,
at Palestine HS’s Wildcat Stadium 1600 S Loop 256 -- Palestine, Texas 75801
Week of (03/6/17)
RHS vs Mesquite:
- Varsity wins! 1-0
- JV wins! 2-0
Week of (02/27/17)
RHS vs Tyler Lee:
- Varsity wins! 4-1. We ended the first half 2-1 after Luke Harbin scored a second. In the second half, Jackson Padilla used his world class skills to single handedly dissect the Rebel defense, and scored his 14th goal of the year, which puts him in the top tier of scorers in the Metroplex. Johnathan Vick put the ribbon on the package with a late fourth goal to assure the victory. The game was beset by cards, and tough physical play as both teams fought for critical play off spots. With last night’s 4-1 victory, we punch our ticket to the 2017 play-offs.
RHS vs Mesquite Horn:
- Varsity wins! 3-1. It was an amazing team effort and we got got goals from Jackson Padilla, Harper Roland and Johnathan Vick.
That win gives us 22 points and with a Mesquite (23 pts) loss we are one point away from 1st.
The JV ties 1-1. The boys tied it up in the second half on a goal from Daniel Lyon.
Week of (02/20/17)
RHS vs Longview:
- Varsity wins! We had the lead three times, 4 goals were scored in the first 12 minutes and we had to go to a PK shoot out in the end. Last night 8 goals were scored in a 4-4 tie at the end of regulation. Colin Burgiel made 2 critical saves to give us a 4-1 Shootout win. That takes us to sole second place with 19 points and our sights are on district leaders Mesquite who are in first place with 23 points.
- JV wins! 1-0 Daniel Lyon scored one goal, which was all they needed to secure the win. Junior - Jacob Ledbetter had an outstanding game in goal and kept the clean sheet. The win puts them in first place of the JV bracket.
RHS vs Heath:
- Varsity wins! 3-2 . The boys traveled to Heath yesterday for the I-30 Derby match. It was a scrappy, hard-fought match between the two teams' midfields. By the end of regulation neither team had found the net. Heath scored with a couple of minutes left in the game, but the player was found to be in an illegal offside position. The game went to a PK shoot out and thanks to a miraculous save by Colin Burgiel, the boys won the game 3-2.
- JV wins 2-0 The JV Jackets found the net twice and left Heath with a 2-0 victory.
Week of (02/13/17)
RHS vs John Tyler:
- Varsity wins 6-1 over John Tyler last night. Brett Rose got the goal scoring started. Jackson Padilla scored a brace, and Johnathan Vick scored the first Hat-trick of the year. Senior Colin Burgiel kept the first half clean sheet. Tyler scored one in the second half with Junior Keeper Jordan Clements being mugged in the goal. The defense was again stellar with a solid, back line, rock Wall of Chris Garrett, Ryan Figert, Alex Johnson and Blake Collins.We move back up to second place and our district record is 5-3(4-2-2).
- JV also won last night 5-1 in our Friday night double header.
RHS vs N. Mesquite:
- JV won 3-2, which involved a hectic defensive effort toward the end of the game.
- Varsity won 3-0. They were in control for most of the game tonight with one of our best efforts this year. Junior Johnathan Vick started the scoring and senior Jackson Padilla gave us a two goal lead in the first half. Late in the game after dropping back and defending our lead, Harper Roland scored a free kick, with a diabolical curve on it. Jordan Clements and Colin Burgiel kept the clean sheet.
We are undefeated at home in district this year. In three home games we’ve scored 10 goals and have only conceded 1.
We are 4-3 in district and have moved back up to third place.
Week of (01/30/17)
RHS vs Tyler Lee:
- Varsity lost 2-3. Our boys fought their hearts out against Lee. We scored first, halfway through the first half Lee tied the game. Then they went ahead. In the second half we tied the game again with a clever header from Jackson Padilla. We went down to nine players, due to cards. In the waning minutes, Lee scored their third. With 9 games left we’re still well in contention for a district title.
Chris Garrrett had an assist, an overall outstanding work in defense, and was named Man of the Match.
- JV tied 1-1 with a goal from Luke Denny.
We travel to Mesquite Saturday to play the Skeeters. JV at 12:00/Varsity at 1:45.
Week of (01/30/17)
RHS vs Mesquite Horn:
- Varsity wins the game 4-0.
With goals from Jackson Padilla, Justin Armon, Isaiah Perez and Cole Scott and the shut out from Colin Burgiel. The boys are tied for first place.
Week of (01/23/17)
RHS vs Longview:
- Varsity lost 5-4. With a 2-0 district record the Jackets played Longview. It was an epic battle with multiple momentum swings. Colin Burgiel, who signed this morning with West Texas A&M, produced a world class save to keep us in the game. Neither team was able to find the back of the net. We lost 5-4 in the PK shootout. That takes our record to 2-1 and we still sit in second place.
Week of (01/23/17)
RHS vs Heath:
- Varsity wins against Heath! Varsity Jackets kicked off and nearly scored in the first 14 seconds. Three minutes later, Jackson Padilla chipped the Keeper after an awesome pass from Harper Roland. Ten minutes after that Jackson put another shot on goal that the Keeper couldn’t handle.
Heath got one back after a quick counter attack shortly after our second goal.
Later in the second half Jackson Padilla sliced up the defense and found Isaiah Perez with a sublime pass across the box. That brings us to 2-0 in district and puts us in 2nd place.
- JV ties. Andrew Galicia and Micah Gonzalez scored for us.
- Varsity wins against John Tyler! JT started the scoring halfway through the first half, but the boys quickly tied the game with a goal from Jackson Padilla. We couldn't find a winner after regulation so we went to PKs. Colin Burgiel stopped three of the John Tyler shooters to win the game.
Great start to the district.
- The JV Jackets played to a 2-2 tie with goals from Luke Denny and Landry Poppen.
Week of (01/16/17)
The Rockwall Invitational:
- Game one was against Sulphur Springs and we lost 1-4
- Game two we won 1-0 and the "Man of the Match" was Justin Armon.
Your Yellow jackets play again Friday (01/20/17) at 6:30 at Kyle Field. Please come out and cheer us on!
Week of (01/02/17)
The Forney Tournament:
- On Thursday we played Royse City in the morning. Despite dominating play with good possession and lots of shots, The Bulldogs were awarding a penalty kick with less than two minutes remaining in the game.
- Later we played returning champions College Station to a 0-0 draw. In the Forney Tournament each game has a penalty kick shoot out after regulation time regardless of the outcome in regulation. We won both of those shootouts.
- Then we played Lakeview and despite going behind early due to a questionable penalty kick, the Jackets rallied with three unanswered goals by Jackson Padilla, Isaiah Perez and Harper Roland.
That brings our record to 1-1-1. JFND.
Week of (02/22/16)
WE WIN 2-1 !!
After dropping a wind-blown, 0-1 game against 2nd place North Garland on Saturday, the guys bounced back with an energetic performance against Lakeview last night at HBJ Stadium. Our guys took the lead in the second half on a goal by Harper Roland.
The boys are playing their hearts out. Give them a pat on the back if you see them.
Rockwall High School German
Boys Soccer, Head Coach
Week of (02/15/16)
The guys went down 2-0 on two fluky mistakes. In a great example of JFND, though, the boys rallied back to tie the game in regulation.
The game then went to a shoot out. Grant Freeman made three saves in the shoot out, but despite that Garland won 2-1. We received one point for a regulation period tie. Garland received two points for winning the shoot out. Our one point for the tie takes us to outright fourth place in district.
Still heading in the right direction.
Week of (02/08/16)
The guys traveled to Tyler Friday night (02/12/16).
- The JV team got the lead, but Lee equalized to make it a 1-1 tie.
- Varsity played like warriors. Ben Riley scored the first goal, in the first half, off of a scramble at the top of the box, with the help of Harper Roland. In the second half, Jackson Padilla dribbled through the Lee defense, chipped the ball to the enter, which was converted into a goal by Darlington Esene.
The guys keep climbing in the district table with the third win in row.
Tuesday is our Youth Night. So, if you know of any youngsters who want to come take part, bring them out! We play Garland in the last game of round one!
Our guys won the Battle of Lake Ray Hubbard last night.
The momentum went back and forth and Luke Harbin notched the first goal to give us a 1-0 lead in the first half. Blake Collins and Colton McKnight both scored in the second half to give us the 3-0 victory. Our strong defense led by Captain Chris Garrett and Keeper Grant Freeman kept the clean sheet and shut out.
Week of (02/01/16)
Rockwall wins 2-0. The boys put in a performance last night that a coach has to be proud of. After starting district with three losses, the boys and I did a bit of soul searching and went to Sachse determined to win against the second place team. Every player played, and they played with so much heart and energy. Luke Harbin scored on a world Class ‘Banger’. The Keeper had no chance. Jackson Padilla scored the second Goal to secure the win. Grant Freeman got his 7th shut out of the year.
I am immensely proud of these guys for bouncing back after a few disappointing results. Give these guys a thumbs up if you see them.
The Jackets traveled to Garland to play North Garland.
(Week of Jan. 25, 2016)
Early on the JV went down 2 goals. They got one back from Patrick Mcleskey’s penalty kick, but could never got the equalizer.
The varsity team went up 1-0 off of a goal by Harper Roland. With a few minutes left, North Garland equalized. In the closing minute North got the winning goal. The boys gave everything they had until the last whistle and left everything on the field.
If you see these guys in class or in the hall, just encourage them to bounce back on Friday against Lakeview.
(Week of Jan. 17, 2016)
The JV team ended the first half 1-0. The Colonels equalized in the second half, but the Jackets secured the win with a penalty kick.
The varsity Jackets won 5-0 with 2 Goals from Paschal Onuoha, one each from Clark Norris, Justin Armon and Luke Harbin. The team continue their unbeaten streak due in large part to a very strong defense.
RHS Guys Soccer Teams had a great weekend in Denison at the Buffalo Wild Wings Tournament.
Our JV team won their first two games against — Varsity Teams–Sherman(2-0) and Lubbock(2-0) and lost the third game in a close match against Lake Dallas(0-1), which put them in the Third Place game against the hosts, Denison.
The JV Jackets scored two goals to take the lead. Denison scored their own brace of goals late in the game to take the lead and the Third Place Trophy.
Our Varsity team ran through the tournament undefeated without giving up a goal and brought home the Championship Trophy.
If you see these guys, give them a pat on the back for their success, but also for enduring the bitter cold!
RHS 2-Denison 0
RHS 2-Sherman jv 0
RHS 2-Melissa 0
RHS 5- Lake Dallas 0