What do I do if I am absent?
If your student is absent for any part of the school day, you must provide a note stating the reason for the absence for the absence to be considered excused. However, IF your student is out for any kind of medical appointment, any time during the day, we ask that you provide us with an ORIGINAL DOCTOR'S NOTE in order for the absence to be considered excused.
We have 3 different options you may use to submit your excuse:
- Skyward Family Access (see instructions below)
- Email attendance clerks (see information above)
- Hand written note signed by parent or guardian.
* Students who are absent for more than 10 minutes of class will be considered absent for that class period.
All excuses must be received no later than 5 school days from the absence.
HOW TO ENTER AN ABSENCE NOTE IN SKYWARD FAMILY ACCESS:
Locate Skyward Tabs located on the left side of your screen
- Click the tab “Attendance”; Click on the Enter Absent Request in the upper right hand corner “ typed in blue”
- A new box will open
- Select ADD REQUEST in the upper right hand corner “typed in blue”
- Enter absent date and reason: select save.
For a tutorial you may follow the link below: