2017 - 2018 VOLLEYBALL TEAMS
* The season is officially underway *
The Jackets kept their district championship hopes alive by defeating the Jaguars of Horn HS.
The Junior Varsity won in straight sets, (25-16, 25-15).
The freshman locked down a district title with their wins Friday night.
The teams look to finish the season undefeated with wins over the Hawks Monday night.
Friday night (10-13-17) saw two Jacket's milestones:
- Coach Wilson reached 500 career wins,
- and junior outside hitter, Avery McCrillis, returned to the court after six weeks rehabbing severe high ankle sprain.
- Additionally, the Dig Pink Night, spearheaded by Wendy Coles and Tomika Baker, was a huge success! With help from the Rockwall community, the volleyball program was able to raise over $2,000 that will help support two Rockwall High School teachers in their battle with breast cancer.
The JV serving overmatched the Skeeters as the JV Jackets improved to 10-1 in district play, (25-8, 25-5). Kimberly Tolman registered 7 aces in the onslaught while Jacey Johnson hammered 6 kills in the lopsided match.
The freshmen beat Mesquite, remaining unbeaten in district play, (25-14, 25-7). Emily Mosely and Marie Garrett each had 4 kills. Lauren Colpitts set a nice match, finishing with 12 assists, and Rylie Gaston unloaded 7 aces on the Skeeters.
A serving run near the end of the game by McKenzie Johnson pushed Rockwall ahead for good as the team improved in district play.
- The JV made quick work of the Stallions (25-8, 25-13). Preslie Payne had a solid performance, posting 5 aces and 6 digs. Anna Overstreet led the team with 8 digs, all coming in the second set, and Emilie Dondero found some of her early season stride, pacing the Jackets with 4 kills and 3 aces in set 1.
- The freshmen won easily (25-10, 25-2). Brianna Kearns had a season high 15 aces while Avery Reid led the team offensively with 5 kills.
- The Jackets rolled through the Lobos Friday night, improving their district record to 9-1. A well balanced attack was led by Megan Browning’s 20 assists, and 8 kills apiece from Ginger Stephenson and Josie Miller. McKenzie Johnson put on another spectacular defensive show, denying the Lobos hitter all night long and finishing with 26 digs.
- The JV finished smoothly (25-8, 25-18). Deryan Simpson had 4 kills and 2 blocks. Avery Morrill led all servers with 4 aces, and the setting tandem of Ryann Kiker and Jaden Dougal finished the match with a combined 13 assists.
- The freshman combined to take on the Lobos and won easily (25-19, 25-11). Addy Blair had 4 aces, Bailey Pevler had 3 kills, and Piper Kelley had 8 digs as the freshman extended their district unbeaten streak.
September 19, 2017
- The Jackets improved to 4-0 in district by defeating the Skeeters of Mesquite Tuesday night. Once the Jackets took control of the match midway through the first set, there was no looking back. The Skeeters had no answer for the Jackets’ tough serving and balanced offensive attack.
- The junior varsity executed their game plan to near perfection, overwhelming the Skeeters (25-8, 25-4). Kasja Johnson finished the night with a team high 5 kills. Anna Overstreet delivered 4 aces while Preslie Payne lifted 9 digs. Jaden Dougal and Ryann Kiker also combined for 25 assists in one of the team’s strongest performances of the season.
- The freshman won easily (25-5, 25-10). Kyndal Sifuentes and Ava Quartrone set the tone from the service line with 7 and 6 aces respectively. Quartrone also led the team defensively with 8 digs while Emily Mosley delivered 6 kills in the match. Brianna Kearns had another strong performance, finishing the night with 13 assists.
September 15, 2017
- The Jackets cruised to a straight set victory over the Stallions. Junior defensive specialist, Jaden Coles, had a standout night, notching 3 aces, 10 digs, and 19 service points.
- The JV jumped on the Stallions early and never let up, finishing the match decisively (25-11, 25-10). Ryann Kiker led the team with 4 aces, 8 assists, and 12 service points. Kasja Johnson picked up the slack in Maya Jorif's absence, crushing 4 kills in the match, and Preslie Payne and Avery Morrill kept the floor clean with 9 and 10 digs respectively.
- The freshmen made quick work of North Mesquite, A(25-6, 25-8) and B(25-1, 25-13). Brianna Kearns had 5 aces and 12 assists, and Piper Kelley was absolutely everywhere, finishing the night with 4 kills, 4 aces, and 11 digs. Kylan Mitchell nearly finished off the Stallions in game 1 single-handedly, launching 15 aces and 22 service points. Sydney Jorif led the offense with 4 kills while Kailyn Gershon took care of the defense with 9 digs. Lauren Colpitts' 4 aces and 9 assists were also instrumental in the victory.
September 12, 2017
- The Jackets took their high flying show on the road Tuesday night, taking on the Lobos of Longview in their second district match. Despite a momentary lapse in set 3, the Jackets were just too much for the Lobos, dominating the net and finishing off Longview in 4. Rockwall employed an encouragingly well balanced attack, getting 10 kills each from Brette Thornton, Ginger Stephenson, and Victoria Garza.
- The JV continued their winning ways (11-1, 2-0), overwhelming the Lobos in straight sets (25-12, 25-15). The Jackets relied on their characteristically tough serving, racking up 15 aces in the match. Jaden Dougal posted 5 of those aces and added 10 assists to the Jacket’s efforts while Leah Shipman led the team with 5 kills.
- The freshman dismantled Longview, A(25-10, 25-15) and B(25-11, 25-8). In A action, Piper Kelley was on fire, contributing in all facets of the game with 3 aces, 6 kills, and 11 digs. Brianna Kearns ran the offense single-handedly, dishing out 16 assists, and Belle Frost kept the ball off the floor, posting 11 digs. Led by Addy Blair’s and Lauren Colpitts’ 7 aces apiece.
- The B team was too much to handle from the service line, keeping their opponent out of system and off-balance all night. Offensively, Addy Blair’s 4 kills and Marie Garrett’s 2 kills led the B team.
August 15, 2017
- Varsity : Final set 15-17. Despite the disappointing loss, the effort, composure, and grit demonstrated by Rockwall all indicate that the team is headed in the right direction.
- The Junior Varsity: Improved to 2-0 in the young season by defeating the Wildcats 26-24, 25-16.
- Freshman action: The A team won 25-11, 25-21 while the B team dominated the Wildcats 25-10, 25-11.
Next up, the varsity will be competing in the Northwest Tournament this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. This highly competitive tournament will be another chance for the team to establish its identity and prepare to compete for a district championship.
August 8, 2017
- The Varsity battled a tough Frisco Liberty team all night before falling short in a tough 4 game match.
- The JV enjoyed an exciting 3 game match victory (27-25, 15-25, 25-20). Halle Riley led the team offensively with 7 kills while the team’s young middle blockers [Maya Jorif, Deryan Simpson, and Kasja Johnson] each recorded 3 stuff blocks. Freshman, Jaden Dougal, had an outstanding night, leading the team with 5 aces, 13 service points, 16 digs, and 18 assists.
- The Freshman A handled Liberty (25-18, 25-12). Ava Quartrone and Kyndal Sifuentes had strong offensive performances while Brianna Kearns defended and set great.
- The Freshman B also started the season with a win (25-17, 25-6). Addy Blair had a great all around performance while Emily Mosley led the team offensively and Kailyn Gershon owned the back row.
2016-2017 VOLLEYBALL TEAMS
RHS Guys Volleyball
Our men's volleyball team (the 1st in school history) is competing in the only high school league in Texas.
- We recorded our first match win on Saturday (4/8/17) in an exciting 3 game match with Uplift Prep. The win was punctuated by 2 monster kills by Colton McKnight to finish the match. JFND!
~Coach Travis Ferguson
2016 RHS Jacket Volleyball fights HARD!
Jacket Volleyball fights,
and wins AREA CHAMPIONS!
LISTEN LIVE ON 88.F FM
The volleyball team claimed victory in round 3 of the playoffs.
Ginger Stephenson had a dominating performance in the backcourt, Emily Chapin had an outstanding night setting the volleyball. The team was led offensively by Bayleigh Scott, Kimberly Iwunze and Victoria Garza. Kaylee Chuang and Marissa Roof both had crucial runs at the service line that helped the team to the 3-0 victory.
For the Regional Quarterfinal Round, the team will travel to Fairfield High School on Tuesday (11/8/16) to take down The Woodlands at 8 pm.
Thanks for your support!
The Scots proved too tough Thursday night in the second round of the 6A State Tournament. The Jackets fought hard, establishing leads in all three sets, but Highland Park was able to close out strong in each game, beating Rockwall in straight sets.
As has been the case all season, the team again represented the school and the community well with their camaraderie, selflessness, and tenacious competitive spirit.
The team was supported by a great fan turnout, including a raucous host of students, JV and Freshman players, parents, and administrators.