Track and Field - Ladies
The RHS Track and Field teams took part in the Area 11-6A / 12-6A meet on Friday.
Overall the Lady Jackets placed 2nd to The Woodlands High School. That continues their streak out 7 meets, they have not had a team place lower than 2nd place. They have placed 1st in 4, and 2nd in 3 meets so far.
- Kate Avery - 3200 (5th), 1600 (5th)
- Emilia Nunez - 3200 (6th), 1600 (8th)
- Calista Ukeh - Discus (5th), Shot (7th)
- Courtnay Reynolds - Discus (4th), Shot (5th)
- Deja Wills - Pole Vault (1st)
- Olivia Cade - Pole Vault (4th), 100 H. (3rd)
- Miracle Grant - 100 H (8th), 300 H (4th)
- Liah Collins - 800 (1st)
- Jordan Mathis - Long Jump (8th)
- Jamison Gladney - 800 (8th)
- Chika Iwuamadi - 400 (2nd)
- Maci Guy - Pole Vault (T-5th), 200 (5th)
- 4x200 Relay (1st) - Iwuamadi, Wills, Guy, Collins
- 4x400 Relay (2nd) - Iwuamadi, Gladney, Collins, Cade
- 94.5 Points - 2nd Place Team Runnerups
Top 4 advance to Regionals next week in Waco. The girls have 8 girls that will be advancing on to Regionals in 8 out of 17 events.
- Garrett Lewis - Pole Vault (6th) 13-0 (PR)
- Alston Orji - Discus (6th)
- Austin Shumake - 1600 (8th)
River Hill - 3200 (8th)
Founders Park Cross-Country Meet:
The varsity girls captured 1st place with the top five Rockwall runners finishing in the top 20.
Finishing 4th in a time of 20:27 was Ariell Hopkins,
5th was Liah Collins in a time of 20:33,
6th was Ally McCutcheon in a time of 20:36.
Kate Avery was 15th in a time of 21:05.
Completing the team score was freshmen Emeila Nunez-Landivar in a time of 21:25 finishing in 20th place.
The JV girls finished as 4th place team! JFND!!!
The Varsity and JV teams competed in district competition.
- JV Girls took 2nd place overall as a team.
- Varsity Girls took 4th place overall as a team.
Individual recognitions for the JV team members:
- Kate Avery - 1st in 3200 & 1600 Meter Runs
- Ana Gonzalez - 2nd in 3200 M. Run
- Sydney Gober - 1st in 800 M. Run
- Marissa Villarreal - 3rd in 400 M. Dash
- Annie McKee - 2nd in 1600 M. Run
Girls 4x400 Relay (Marissa Villarreal, Caitlyn McCrary, Macey Robertson, & Jenna Wells) - 3rd Place
- Celia Straight - 1st in Pole Vault
- Kyndall Austin - 2nd in Pole Vault
- Alyssa Blacknall - 2nd in Shot Put
Varsity District Individual Area Qualifiers (Top 4 Advance to Area Apr. 20 in Mesquite)
- Calista Ukeh - 1st in Shot Put
- Allyson McCutcheon - 4th in 3200 & 1600 M. Runs
- Liah Collins - 1st in 800 M. Run
- Kaitlyn Stark - 2nd in 1600 M. Run
- Savanah McKenzie - 2nd in High Jump
- Chika Iwuamadi - 2nd in 400 M. Dash
Girls 4x400 Relay (Chika Iwuamadi, Abbey Graves, Miracle Grant, Liah Collins) - 2nd Place
- Deja Wills - 1st in Pole Vault
- Sarah Graves - 2nd in Pole Vault
- Micaela Vavra - 3rd in Pole Vault
On Friday (3/10/17) the Lady Jackets Track & Field team took part in the annual Longview Lobo Relays. This meet pitted some traditionally good track and field programs throughout the East Texas Region. Our athletes went over and competed well in many events and several of the kids set personal best marks in their performances.
Individual performance recognitions:
- Alyssa Blacknall - personal best in the shot put of 31'11.5 an improvement of 1'4.5".
- Calista Ukeh - personal best in the shot put of 39'9" an improvement of 2'9"
- Sarah Graves - personal best in the pole vault of 12'6" an improvement of 1'.
Overall the teams placed:
JVG - 2nd out of 15 (Went from 3rd to 2nd with a strong 4x400 Relay performance)
VG - 4th out of 15
The track teams will be off during spring break, but will pick back up with competition on Friday Mar. 24 in Wylie.
The Jackets traveled to the Carl Norris Relays at Mesquite's Hanby Stadium. Despite a very cloudy day, the kids had a very productive day, bringing home a lot of hardware and new personal best as well.
Overall the teams placed:
JVG - 2nd Place (TEAM RUNNER-UP)
VG - 3rd Place
Saturday (2/25/17) the Jackets competed at the McKinney Boyd Bronco Relays. The weather started out a little bit on the chilly side, but eventually became quite pleasant. This was a very competitive meet that had up to 14 - 18 teams in each division. The format of this meet is a little different from what the kids have or will experience throughout the season, but we did come away with some good evaluations and a few kids did set some new Personal Best performances.
Overall the teams placed:
- JV - 10 out of 16 teams
- Varsity - 11 out of 18 teams
The Lady Jackets Track Teams competed in the first meet of the year at Wilkerson Sanders Stadium. Overall we had great weather and we had several good performances for the first meet of the season.
Overall the Jackets:
- Varsity Girls - Placed 3rd
- JV Girls - Placed 2nd
Next Saturday we will be competing in McKinney at the McKinney Boyd Bronco Relays.
The RHS Lady Jackets traveled to Copperas Cove to take part in the Area 11-6A vs. 12-6A meet.
We sent 15 girls represented in 12 events.
- Kaitlyn Stark – 4th in 3200 (Qualified for Regionals) & 7th in 1600
- Sarah Rippy – 7th in 3200
- Areill Hopkins – 4th in 800 (Qualified for Regionals) & 6th in 1600
- Calista Ukeh – 6th in Shot Put
- Courtnay Reynolds 7th in Shot Put & 3rd in Discus (Qualified for Regionals)
- Jordan Mathis – 4th in Long Jump (Qualified for Regionals)
- Savanah McKenzie – 5th in 100 Hurdles
- Sarah Graves – 3rd in Pole Vault (Qualified for Regionals)
- Micaela Vavra – 1st in Pole Vault (Qualified for Regionals)
- Rose Njoku – 1st in High Jump (Qualified for Regionals)
- Liah Collins – 3rd in 800 (Qualified for Regionals)
- Morgan Hickmon – 4th in 200 (Qualified for Regionals)
- Chika Iwuamadi – 1st in the 400 (Qualified for Regionals)
- 4 x 100 Relay – (Iwuamadi, Njoku, Mathis, Hickmon) – 8th
- 4 x 400 Relay – (Iwuamadi, Collins, Njoku, Hickmon) – 1st (Qualifed for Regionals) (New School Record) (3:52.71)
The Girls finished 2nd as a team at the Area Meet. They will be represented at Regionals by 10 girls going in 9 events.
To finish the meet off the 4 x 400 Relay won for the third straight meet and each time they have won they have broke the school record as well.
Everyone at the area meet competed well. If you see or know any of these kids congratulate them on the season they have had and wish those that are moving on the best of luck at regionals.