The Rockwall cross-country team competed at the District Championship
Saturday, October 14, at UT-Tyler.
The girls won the district championship!
- And RHS had the district 1st Place Champion -Emelia Landivar-Nunez with a time of (19:49).
- Additionally, we had 6 of our 7 girls in the top 15. Pushing each other the whole race was Kate Avery place 2nd in a time of 19:51. Other top finishers were Liah Collins (20:45/7th) and Olivia Cade (21:32/13th) and Ana Gonzales (21:33/14th). The other medalist was Ariell Hopkins placing 15th in 21:46. Annie Mckee was the final contributor on the team with a time of 23:12 finishing 28th.
The boys finished 3rd and qualified for the regional championship.
First place finisher on the team was freshmen River Hill (16:25/4th). Austin Shumake was the 2nd scorer for the Yellowjackets in a time of 17:00 placing 8th. Next was Brayden Ortiz in a 17:02 placing 9th then Jack Hittson-Smith (18:14/24th). The final scorer for the Jackets on Saturday was Joseph Martin in a time of 18:39 placing 32nd. Other team finisher for Rockwall on Saturday were Tyler Mcarty (18:48/32nd) and Jared Pugh (20:01/51st).
The JV girls also had a great meet and are the district Champions.
The JV boys faired the same pulling out a 3rd place finish.
The cross-country team competed at the Jesuit Classic on Friday, October 6, 2017 at Norbuck Park in Dallas.
This was a large meet with over 31 schools in each division. Overall we had several personal records and placed well as a team.
- The varsity boys placed 10th out of 35 schools. The top finishers on the boys side were River Hill (17:07/31st), Austin Shumake (17:11/32nd), Brayden Ortiz (18:01/68th), Jack Hittson-Smith (18:34/98th) and finishing off the team score was Joseph Martin (18:50/116th). The team finished 10th overall.
- On the girls side the top finisher on the team this week was Kate Avery (20:32/18th), then Emilia Lavdivar-Nunez (20:44/24th), Liah Collins (21:23/37th), Olivia Cade (22:45/74th) and the final scorer on the girls team was Annie McKee (22:51/77th). The girls team finished 6th out of 31 schools.
- The JV teams had a solid meet also, JV girls placed 5th and the JV boys placed 12th.
The Rockwall Cross-country team competed at the Lake Highlands Invitational
- The boys had a great weekend winning their first meet of the year.
River Hill was the best finisher for Rockwall at this meet with a time of 17:10( 2nd). Austin Shumake(17:35/4th) and Brayden Ortiz(18:03/9th) were the middle of the pack for the team score, and Jack Hittson-Smith(18:04/11th), and Joe Martin(19:09/26th).
- On the girls side, they ran the elite division this week and minus two of the top runners on the team still managed a 4th place finish.
Ariell Hopkins led the team with a 5th place finish in 20:46. Kate Avery and Emilia Nunez both ran a 21:17 finishing 9th and 10th. Another freshmen stepped up this week and finished in the top five for the team score that was Oivia Cade in a time of 22:45 finishing 24th. And rounding out our team score for the girls was Annie McKee finishing in 23:33 at 34th place.
- The JV girls had a very good weekend also finishing 2nd and earning their first trophy of the year.
- The JV boys are still struggling a bit but had a better weekend at Lake Highlands finishing 6th overall as a team. Good weekend!! JFND!!!
The Cross-country team participated in the Tyler Lee Invitaitonal.
- The varsity girls had another outstanding weekend taking another 1st place finish. The top five members of the team finished in the top 25 of the race. Finishing 3rd in the race in a time of 19:35 was Liah Collins. Finishing 6th and 7th were Ally McCutcheon and Kate Avery in times of 20:04 and 20:07. Freshmen Emelia Nunez-Landivar and Senior Annie McKee finished out the team score in times of 21:03 (12th) and 21:52 (24th).
- On the boys side, we finished 8th and had a couple of new PR's. River Hill ran a new personal record in a time of 16:34 (9th) placing first for the team. Brayden Ortiz also ran a new personal record in time of 17:14 (27th). Austin Shumake was the next member of the team to contribute this week in a time of 17:21 finishing 30th. Joe Martin (18:12, 67th) and Jared Pugh (18:17, 69th) completed the scoring for the varsity boys.
- The JV girls also had a good weekend finishing 3rd overall
- JV boys improved this week finishing 16th out of 33. Great job this week.
The Rockwall Cross-Country team competed in the Plano Invitational.
- The varsity girls finished 8th place. The best place finishers were Ally Mccutcheson with a time of 20:56 finishing 13th and Ariel Hopkins with a time of 21:11 finishing 20th.
- On the boys side, the team finished 4th place with the best finisher being Austin Shumake at a time of 12:20 finishing 19th.
- The JV boys and girls also competed well.
- We compete this weekend at Founders Park in Wylie. First race begins at 7:30, come out and support those Jackets!!!! JFND!!
UIL District 11-6A Varsity Results: Cross Country – Rockwall High School
Girls Varsity: Rockwall High School Girls dominated the course and brought home the district title with 4 runners placing in the top ten and a score of 30 points. They will advance to the Regional Meet next Monday, October 25th. Taking second was Rowlett with 62 points.
Ariell Hopkins took the Individual 1st place finish with a time of: 19:54. 80
Sarah Rippy – 20:07.70 – 3rd
Kaitlyn Stark – 20:36.90 – 5th
Amanda Thornton – 21:00.30 – 9th
Rylie Robertson – 21:08.60 – 12th
Annie McKee – 22.27.70 – 25th
Olivia Born – 22:35.10 – 26th
RHS Varsity Boys take the District Runner Up trophy with 43 points and will continue on to Regionals next Monday along with the Girls Varsity. Tyler Lee took the district team title with 20 points.
Damon Wilson 17:14.60 – 5th
Austin Schumake 17:18.10 – 6th
Sam Fox 17:20.20 – 7th
Jack Hittson – Smith 17:42.30 – 11th
Austin Whitaker – 18:14.90 – 14th
Jonathan Clem – 18:40.00 – 15th
Jose Olivares -18:51.90 – 25th
Congratulations also go out to the JV Girls for winning the district title with 42 points.
Liah Collins – 21:57.97- 1st
Julie Butcher – 22:15.92 – 2nd
Ana Gonzales – 22:54.15 – 3rd
Faith Robertson – 25:13.6 – 15th
Rachel Block – 26:06.37 – 21st
Rachel Hyvl – 26:14.91 – 22nd
Brittany Fox – 27:48.22 – 31st
JV Boys finished 3rd in the team standings with 68 points.
Wilson Null – 19:41:36 – 10th
Nick Roland – 19:47.35 – 11th
Matthew Hulquist – 19:51.47 – 13th
Cole McCrary – 20:23.58 – 15th
Cade McMahon – 20:48.03 – 19th
Nic Casio – 21:42.29 – 25th
Jacob Benevides – 21:54.27- 26th
Let these athletes know how proud we are of them!! JFND!!