It is the intent of the Rockwall Independent School District that all users of the District website comply with current copyright and intellectual property laws. As stated in Rockwall ISD’s Board Policy CY (Local), copyrighted materials will not be duplicated, reproduced, distributed or displayed except in accordance with the law. If the District is notified of claimed copyright infringement, or becomes aware of material posted to our website that infringes on copyright, the District will respond expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the materials.
Process for Filing Notice of Alleged Copyright Infringement
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17, USC, 512, written notification of claimed copyright infringement must be submitted to the agent designated to receive notification of copyright infringement and must include the following:
1. Your name, address, telephone number, and an email address (if any).
2. A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
3. A description of where on the Rockwall ISD website the material is located, sufficient for the Rockwall ISD to locate the material (e.g., the URL).
4. A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
5. A statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
6. Your electronic or physical signature.
Rockwall ISD’s Designated Agent Contact Information:
Rockwall Independent School District Office of Technology Services
Attention: Registered Copyright Agent
1050 Williams Street Rockwall, Texas 75087 firstname.lastname@example.org