Reinhardt Relocation and New Dobbs Plan for 2018-2019
As you remember, Dobbs Elementary and Reinhardt Elementary will be neighbors during the 2018-2019 school year. This will be a temporary accommodation as Dobbs moves into their new building and Reinhardt will relocate to the former Dobbs facility while a new school is built at the current site. After hearing from parents, staff and the community last fall, the district developed a plan to help Dobbs and Reinhardt run as smoothly as possible next year.
Modify existing Dobbs Elementary/Reinhardt Elementary site as follows:
- Modify existing curbs, re-paint striping, and install signage to improve traffic flow
- Install temporary barrier in front drive of Reinhardt ES to direct traffic flow
- Extend loading zone and possible covered walkway in front drive of Reinhardt S
- Utilize additional crossing guards from "former" Reinhardt ES to direct on-site traffic
- Evaluate options of utilizing Rockwall PD to conduct traffic control on adjacent streets