About Advanced Academics
Advanced Academics provides Rockwall ISD students the chance to earn college credit while still in high school.
The Pre-Advanced Placement/Advanced Placement (Pre-AP/AP) program provides a distinct opportunity where students develop academic and critical thinking skills in a challenging learning environment becoming persistent, independent thinkers who are prepared for the next level, and increasing the likelihood of college success.
- Students with the fortitude to endure high academic rigor can benefit from the Pre-AP/AP Program
- Skill development for the Pre-AP/AP Program begins in the elementary grades
- Pre-AP/AP students deserve the same support as struggling students because success is a process that might require struggle and perseverance
- The primary focus of Pre-AP/AP courses is on learning skills and content
- The role of the Pre-AP/AP student is to acquire the skills for success through a commitment to independent preparation and study
- Full participation in the Pre-AP continuum within a particular discipline is the preferred path to AP success
For more information, contact you student's counselor or contact:
Dr. Matthew Redman
Advanced Academics Coordinator
972-771-0605. ext. 7040
Visit Rockwall ISD Advanced Academics on Facebook